Sunday, October 2, 2011

Mission trip to Namibia Africa Day 1

So the journey will begin, It's currently 6:30am. I have checked my suitcase, it weighs 49.8 pounds. Just passed the mustard, Its mostly packed with stuff for others. It has colored pencils, normal pencils, pens, glue sticks, art supplies, paper plates, 200 rubber gloves, scissors, toys, candy, soccer balls, rope, and rulers. As I packed I thought "I wonder if any one thought of a pump to fill the soccer balls ???" So I scrambled and found one in my garage with a bunch of pins. I brought enough T shirts for the trip and will give em away when I disrobe each night. They will probably be dirty but I'm sure they will appreciate them, This adventure IE MISSION will be just that. How often does one get to travel half way around the world to be or do what they are in the USA for people who will love every second of there presence. I also find it funny how we AMERICANS loose site of our normal habitual routine. As I got dressed I kept thinking I'm missing or forgetting stuff. I fell out of balance, NO cell phone, NO pocket knife, NO flashlight, NO metal business card holder, NO leather-man, NO normal brick wallet. All left behind not needed on a mission trip to Africa. One man "JDP" with 12 other JESUS loving friends making a world difference. Transforming lives, theirs and ours, With our love for GOD man or woman, LIFE is GOOD GOD is GREAT, no wait It's simply,,, AWESOME

1 comment:

  1. You know what? I love you and am so proud to be your kid! <3

    ReplyDelete