Sunday, June 13, 2010

Can you learn new things ???

So I got allot on my plate right now. I have in life always searched for balance. Is there such a thing ??? With Family, job 1, job 2, friends, workouts, and of course some volunteer time,,, There is no time. I could keep going on, I mean just the Facebook, Mafia wars addiction is a time waster. But I can't let my peeps or followers down. I continue to push through, I continue to read and learn. So here you go this weeks addition of general tid bits and truthful facts:
FACT: Blueberries are actually purple,,, Silly but true
FACT: Oysters can change there sex(gender) back and forth.
FACT: The stars and colors you see when you rub your eyes are called phosphenes.
FACT: At exactly 06 minutes 07 seconds after 5 o'clock on August9th 2010 it will be 05:06:07:08/09/10 This won't happen until the year 3010 (How did you like that one you Analytical's out there ???)
FACT: Maine is the only one state with one syllable.
FACT: An eyelash lives about 150-200 days before it fall's off.
FACT: As a punishment for misbehavior Thai cops have to wear pink Hello Kitty armbands.
FACT: There are more cows in India than cars in the United States, I LOVE MY COW !!!
FACT: Lewis Carroll Author of Alice in wonderland had a rare disorder that caused weird hallucinations.(Wait isn't that Alice in wonderland ???)
FACT: The "57" on the Heinz bottle doesn't stand for anything, it was chosen because Henry J Heinz wanted to impress people. (He had me with the Ketchup !!!}
I gave you ten things I learned this week. Now sometimes they are weird or super interesting. I learn more but try to keep the boring disgusting ones to myself. OK one more hands on fact, Try taking 2 straws, put them in your mouth, put one in a glass of water and one outside the glass, Then try to suck or drink the water. It's nearly impossible. If you can do it your in the wrong profession... "Jeff da Plumber" OUT

No comments:

Post a Comment