Thursday, February 11, 2010

Fact Friday

T.G.I.F, Isn't the end of the week the best, Of course in the old days it would mean payday. Now that I'm the boss there is no check in my office box. I remember running to cash it, then depositing some into the house account and then heading to the bar to get hammered. Oh those were the good old days. Sometimes I think it would be great to be free, But then I think life with a lovely wife and some awesome kids, Ain't bad at all. Any hoot here's some facts and stuff I learned this week...

Fact: Sheep can recognize each other through pictures (fascinating huh)

Fact: Over 2500 left handed people are killed from using power tools and equipment for right handed people (I'm left handed and have all my fingers)

Fact: The bible is the most shoplifted book of all time (those people are going to hell or really need to be saved)

Fact: The average pencil will draw a line 35 miles land or write 50,000 English words

Fact: In 1998 Sony accidentally sold 7000,000 camcorders that could see through peoples clothes (that would have made some great you-tube videos ,huh Nick)

Fact: Nevada city, California (1849) was a city before the state of Nevada (1864)

Fact: The longest English word at 45 letters is "pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis" (Man that's a mouth full)

Fact: spiders have transparent blood (spiders are cool)

Fact: 85% of all valentines cards are bought by women (guys don't forget Sunday is v-day)

Fact Ernest Vincent Wright wrote a 50,00 word novel "Gadsby" which doesn't contain the letter E ( that"s egg-strourdanarilly excellent)

So as usual I hope you learned something. If not too bad because I'm not your teacher or Father. I always do Knowledge is power. Oh I bet you wanted to know what that 45 letter word means. At first i thought you should look it up on your own, but maybe your lazy So here you go.Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is, according to the Oxford English Dictionary, "a factitious word alleged to mean 'a lung disease caused by the inhalation of very fine silica dust, causing inflammation in the lungs.'" A condition meeting the word's definition is normally called silicosis.Now I think some Doctor was trying to sound smart and made it up. Then he had to be an even bigger smart Alec and give it relevance in his scientific world, So he duped some other doctors to help give it some substance and credibility... I'm just sayin

PS. Men make sure you take CARE of your ladies this weekend flowers and a card do it every time. Ladies Just trow us a scooby snack (if you know what I mean) I LOVE YOU SNOOKUMS !!!

1 comment:

  1. I think having awesome kids is definitely better than a bar! Have a good V-day with Mama. :)

    ReplyDelete