Friday, April 23, 2010

Life's trials and struggle

OK I will first apologize for the lack of a new post. My life has dragged me in every which direction. Some my fault, some others. That is no excuse or complaint, Nor am I whining. For I know that's what life is about, a journey. If you except the challenge in the end you will be rewarded. So I went on a most fabulous cruise with my wife, ran a 5k and then a triathlon. All pushing the boundaries of my comfort zone. The time with my wife was wonderful, but the down time, yikes. I'm not one to sit and relax, even though I have moments were I just think it would be fun to be lazy. That's not me. Then my buddy Oliver says hey lets run a 5k on my birthday. Sure that sounds like fun, Any way you can push ones spirit and thank the big man for another day alive is AWESOME, right or right. Then the triathlon on Sunday the 18Th. First this is not me trying to impress you, But it was way exciting for me. For those that don't know, It's when you swim then bike then run. The distances vary depending on what sort of race your doing. This was a sprint, Which is swim a 1/2 mile, bike 16 miles, and run 4 miles. This is my second try at this distance. On the last in October I finished around 2hrs 35-38 minutes. This time 1:58:58, that's near 40 minutes faster. A lot of training was done, so I needed time in my my life and the blog was something that took the hit. But I still read every day and learned tons of facts for you so here you go:

FACT: Avocado is poisonous to birds (Boy do they taste good to us, Hey did you know before I came to Cali I had didn't know that guacamole was made from Avocado, TRUTH)

FACT: "Goodbye" came from a middle English phrase "GODbwdye" which is short for "GOD be with ye" (makes me want to say good bye more often)

FACT: 80% of millionaires drive used cars (what wasn't said in this fact they are all classics)

FACT: If you received all the gifts from the "12 days of Christmas" you would have 364 presents (That true love must have been daddy Warbucks, hehe !!!)

FACT: Newborns cry but have no tears until we are a month old and Sugar is the only taste humans are born with and always craving (so if your on a diet you can cry and have a real excuse for the chocolate cravings)

FACT: It is illegal to not drink milk in Utah (This one puzzled me and my research didn't give me a good answer so if you know something chime in)

FACT: 17 tons of gold is used for wedding rings in the U.S. each year (and now you can sell it on t.v. for cash money, what does that say about marriage ???)

FACT: Camels originally came from North America (that animal fascinates me)

FACT: Neptune hasn't orbited the sun since it was discovered in 1846 and won't until 2011 (science rocks)

FACT: The Sahara desert goes with out rain for years but has one recorded history of snow (Amazing, Right or Right)

FACT: 7% of Americans think Elvis is still alive, and the body that is buried is actually a wax model. Also 2 hours before his death Elvis boarded an airplane to Buenos Aires going by the name John Burrows (This is one I Kind of believe to, Guess I'm one of the 7%, Also he's hanging out with Tupac, Biggie Smalls and Janice Joplin)

I hope you learned from me once again. Just know If you don't learn something new every day it was a wasted day. Getting one fact every day for me makes it a complete day, Even if I read for 10 minutes a day it's learning something. Knowledge is always power. Why do we live ??? If not to learn and grow. One last tid bit/puzzle. The act of french kissing has different names in other countries. But what does it mean in Australia ??? Go out there and attack you brain with the world... "Jeff the Plumber" OUT

No comments:

Post a Comment